Best Pool Cleaning Tools in Comparison.
Pool Cleaning Reviews & Buyer Guide.
How to make the floor, walls, filter and pump sparkling clean?
Although swimming in the pool is certainly a lot more fun than cleaning, the latter should also be part of the routine.
Because only a clean pool guarantees the maximum bathing fun and promotes a positive health. If you want to clean a Bestway pool, you should consider a few things.
Bestway Pool Cleaning
In the following, we will show you how to clean a Bestway pool quickly and hope to be able to help you with questions and problems with this guide.
Cleaning a Bestway pool – these tools come into question
Unfortunately, it is not enough to rely only on chemicals, such as chlorine or bromine, when it comes to cleanliness. Even constant water circulation is not a panacea. After all, over time, leaves, insects and pollen will still be on the surface and in the water. Now is the time for some useful gadgets, the usefulness of which we briefly explain to you below.
The length of our arms is limited. Therefore, in order to reach all areas of a pool manually without any problems, it is recommended to purchase a telescopic pole. Depending on the manufacturer, this can be extended to a length of up to 5 meters. With such a device, you will never have to worry again if the debris is in the middle of the pool.
At the tip of the telescopic pole is a universal thread, to which you can attach attachments of various presentations. Examples are nets, brushes or vacuum cleaners.
The adjustability of the rod also ensures that the user can always work in a way that is easy on the back. In addition, cleaning your Bestway pool is less strenuous because the lever ratios are adjustable.
Landing net attachment
A landing net can be seen as an absolute standard in pool maintenance. It is best suited for removing debris from the water surface. The example par excellence in the warm season are probably insects that have accidentally settled on the water.
In the water column, the landing net can also help to clear the water. Depending on the mesh size, not only coarse materials such as leaves and insects, but even hair can be reliably skimmed off.
There are landing nets with shallow mesh and landing nets with deep mesh. If you have to skim off something in between, a shallow net is recommended in any case. This is faster to guide and does not release the contents so quickly when you stop. When it comes to mass, the deep net is again the adequate choice.
If the debris really sticks to the floor and walls, a brush will help first and foremost. After you have mounted it on the telescopic pole of your choice, you can use it to scrub over the surfaces. Annoying algae will then in all likelihood be loosened and can subsequently be better killed by the chemicals.
The manufacturing material of the brush should be matched to the manufacturing material of the pool. In this way, damage can be reliably excluded. Unpainted concrete is best cleaned with stainless steel bristles. You can be especially rough with such a brush. Painted concrete, vinyl and fiberglass can only tolerate nylon bristles.
It is advisable to treat a pool twice a week during the bathing season with a brush and a net. Critical places are usually found in the corners, cracks and around the ladder – this is where most of the debris accumulates.
If you want to prevent the formation of algae, all water toys and swimwear should be disinfected or washed in advance. This is the most reliable way to prevent algae from entering the water. The Bestway company offers its own cleaning sets for cleaning the pool. Especially popular is the set with the title Deluxe.
Automatic hand pool vacuum cleaner
The process of netting and brushing is not always comfortable. With a Bestway pool, the comfort of cleaning can be increased if an electric pool vacuum is used. This can suck up fine sand, for example. Depending on the version, it can either be attached to a long telescopic rod or is supplied directly with a rather short hand part.
Short versions are particularly suitable for the maintenance of small pools and whirlpools. Generally, the devices are kept quite compact, which is why they can be guided through narrow passages and into corners.
The drive is provided either by a connection with the filter pump (vacuum) or a battery. The pool vacuum cleaner with rechargeable battery probably also has a promising future here.
If you want to have a comfort of the extra class, you can of course also think about the purchase of a pool robot. The cleaning of the Bestway pool is then largely done by this robot.
High-quality models no longer only clean the bottom, but can also vacuum the walls and parts of the water surface. Dolphin pool robots are extremely popular in this context.
There are also pool robots in this category without electricity. Like many a pool vacuum cleaner, such specimens are connected to the pool pump and hydraulically driven by the vacuum. They are much cheaper, but can only clean the bottom and are therefore more limited in their functionality.
Bestway pool cleaning – this is how you succeed in practice
Throughout the season, your pool will involuntarily come into contact with various foreign objects. Only with regular cleaning (at least 1x per week) a pleasant bathing experience remains possible.
- It is first advisable to work your way from coarse to fine. The first step is to remove the most obvious debris, which is mostly leaves and insects. A landing net on a stick is the most effective solution in this context.
- In the next step, you can turn to the walls and bottom of the Bestway pool. In order to remove deposits there, the use of the mentioned brush attachment is advisable.
- If the use of a brush is not sufficient, it is possible to apply a “basic cleaner” with a sponge. This will reliably dissolve the dirt – after an exposure time of approx. 5-10 minutes. For this, however, the pool must be drained in advance, which is a good idea for basic cleaning. For grease and soot deposits on the edge of the pool, there are so-called “pool edge cleaners” on the market.
- Once the foreign bodies have been removed from the surfaces, they can be easily picked up with a pool vacuum cleaner. Alternatively, it is of course also possible to use a pool robot.
- In order for the skimmer to work optimally, you should regularly empty and rinse out the basket.
- In addition, the filter and its filter medium should be checked at the start of the season. Here it is advisable to follow the instructions of the respective supplier (keyword backwashing etc.). General recommendations cannot be given, since filter sand, for example, is more durable than a cartridge. In season, the filter pump should run at least 8-10 hours a day to keep the water permanently clean.
Bestway pool cleaning – use of chemicals is mandatory
To keep the water reasonably sterile, you can not avoid the use of chemicals when cleaning a Bestway pool. Only those prevent the excessive emergence of bacteria, algae and dirt.
However, the use of biocide products in particular is fraught with danger. Therefore, you should definitely adhere to the manufacturer’s quantity specifications.
The Bestway company recommends the following chemical and pH constellation for their in-house pools:
Free Chlorine: 2.0 – 4.0ppm.
Combined chlorine: <4ppm
pH: 7.4 – 7.6
Total alkalinity: 80 – 120ppm
Water hardness: 250 – 500ppm
Stabilizer (cyanuric acid): 30 -50ppm
In addition, it is recommended to perform shock chlorination weekly. Oxidation, also known as shock chlorination, destroys the foreign bodies with a higher dose. This also prevents the appearance of various odors.
Bestway pool cleaning – More tips to increase comfort all year round.
- If your Bestway pool is not in use, you should cover it with a tarp, which can significantly reduce the amount of cleaning required below
- Less effort is also required if you adjust the pool’s environment to its needs (for example, if you dump lawn clippings nearby, don’t be surprised that an excessive amount of clippings will end up in the water)
- If the skimmer is placed opposite the return nozzle (as far away as possible), this ensures a particularly good flow through the water, so that suspended and sinking matter can be removed effectively.
- If bathers come from outside, it may be useful to point out that they must wear clean bathing clothes (if they have been in the lake before, there will be a certain amount of foreign matter in the form of algae and the like).
- If very fine debris accumulates in the pool, a so-called flocculant promises relief. This binds the particles and accumulates them, so that they can ultimately be absorbed by the filter system.
Bestway pool cleaning – Why is it important at all?
There are several reasons why you should clean your Bestway pool regularly. We humans and the environment release particles into the water, which promote the settlement of algae, bacteria, leaves, sand and Co. This not only looks unattractive, but can also get up your nose with time. Who else wants to get into a stinky, dyed soup? That’s right. No one.
Since the accumulation of the garbage can be seen as an in itself reinforcing cycle, it is all the more important to rather lend a hand right away 2-3 times a week. Otherwise, the deposits will become more and more unruly and limescale and the like will form. In the worst case scenario, the pool will eventually be so spoiled that it will have to be disposed of at an early stage.
In addition, poor pool hygiene can be detrimental to your own health. If you are constantly exposed to bacteria, you can expect skin irritations and itching.
REVIEWS & COMPARISON – BUYING GUIDES
Best Alcohol Tester in Comparison. Alcohol...
Best 12V Coffee Maker in Comparison. 12V Coffee...
Best Mini-Motocross in Comparison....
Best Drill Bits Sharpener in Comparison. Drill...
Best Demolition Hammer in Comparison. Demolition...
Best Car Jack in Comparison. Car Jack Reviews...
Best Polishing Machine in Comparison. Polishing...
Best Car Diagnostic Device in Comparison. Car...
Best Wooden Watches in Comparison. Wooden...
Best Breadmaker in Comparison. Breadmaker...